This article applies to selling in: Saudi Arabia
The content below is for guidance only. Amazon reserves the right to remove any listing it considers to be inappropriate for sale for any reason.
You must be approved by Amazon to sell in this category.
Examples of Permitted Listings
Reminder: all listings and products must comply with all applicable laws and regulations.
- Food is permitted as long as it is correctly packaged, labeled and delivered, and complies with all applicable regulations. All ingredients must be lawful and within permitted quantity or concentration limits.
- All food products offered for sale on an Amazon website should bear a label that is printed on or securely attached in a prominent and conspicuous position to the package, containing such particulars, statements, the required information in Arabic language or English/ Arabic. Food products with English label only will require a written approval or exemption by the local regulator.
- All food products offered for sale on an Amazon website must comply with all applicable Gulf Standards Organization or local laws, including but not limited to food information and labelling regulations (such as Regulation GSO/CAC/GL2 “Guidelines on Nutritional Labeling of Foodstuffs).
Examples of Prohibited Listings
- Food products that contain pork or pork derivatives
- Food that contain alcohol
- Frog meat
- Foie gras
- Food containing any illegal drug or sweets designed to resemble illegal drugs
- Shark or whale meat
- Other prohibited animal products and products made from endangered or threatened species
- Products that an official or governmental entity has determined present an unreasonable risk of injury or illness, or that are not safe for human consumption, such as:
- Beef thiophene ("3-acetyl-2, 5-dimethylthiophene")
- Bentonite Clay
- Kava Kava
- Jelly mini-cup sweets
- Products with expired "use by" dates
- Unregistered Novel Food products, such as
- Miracle berry
- Globe amaranth
- Pueraria Mirificia
- Products labelled as "not for retail sale," or "not intended for resale"
Food marketed with any health claim unless the product is a licensed medicine. For more information, see Restricted Products: Health & Personal Care below.
Note: Sellers who list prohibited items can have their selling permissions removed, either temporarily or permanently.
Related Amazon Help Pages
Additional Useful Information
Sign in to use the tool and get personalized help (desktop browser required).